Team sports involve teamwork, fitness, competition, fun, excitement, winning and losing. On any given day, you see multitudes of teams practicing and playing many different sports throughout your community. Coaches, players and fans are having a great time, but sometimes things go wrong. A player experiences a concussion when tackled, or a foul ball hits a spectator or car. To fully enjoy your team and your sport, you need to insure yourself and your participants from liability and injuries. Sports team insurance is specifically designed to protect youth and sports teams from all the risks they face.
Where can you find the sports team insurance you need? www.o2sportsinsurance.com can help you compare professional, amateur or youth sports insurance policies and customize an insurance program to fit your situation. Contact us @ 1-855-351-0202 for sports team insurance quotes.
Youth Sports Statistics
- 35 million kids play organized youth sports each year
- 60% play outside of school
- 66% are boys
- 52% are girls
What Does O2’s Sports Team Insurance Cover?
Sports team insurance protects kids and adults who play organized sports, the insurance includes a combination of risk protections that insure teams, leagues, associations and clubs against the risks of youth and adult sports. You can purchase a complete package or custom design a policy that meets the needs of your organization and sport.
Liability insurance covers your organization, participants, volunteers and employees if a claim arises from a covered activity.
- Covered activities include organized and supervised practices, games, try-outs, tournaments, play-offs and other events that are reported.
- Sport Event insurance can insure events you host.
- Additional events can be added onto your policy, they can even include fundraising projects, picnics, award banquets and more.
Participant liability coverage is necessary liability coverages for youth sports teams. It protects your organization or team, as well as your directors and supervisors, from lawsuits that can arise when players or participants are severely injured.
In addition to participant injury, a liability policy protects you from lawsuits or claims related to property damage, libel, slander, false arrest and more.
Participant Accident Coverage
This covers a player or coach injured during a supervised sports team activity. It includes sponsored games, practices, clinics, travel and more. As an excess medical policy, this insurance typically pays what is left over after the participant’s health insurance has paid its portion.
Other Sports Insurance Options
There are several additional insurance coverage options that are also available to add on to your General Liability and Accident Medical policy.
- Equipment damage: Meant for high-value equipment that is stored in certain facilities.
- Theft and vandalism: Which reimburses your organization if an employee or volunteer steals.
- Excess liability: Also called an “umbrella” liability policy, which provides excess liability coverage, in increments of $1 million, to protect your organization against large accident claims and lawsuits.
Get Sports Insurance for Your Team, Event, Association, Club, Camp, Clinic
Regardless of the sport your team plays –lacrosse, football, baseball, basketball, soccer, gymnastics or another team sport – O2 can help you find the proper insurance coverage that match your specific needs.