Sport Accident Insurance Claims
- Soccer – a player hyperextends a knee while defending the ball resulting in strain.
- Football – during a tackle, the running back suffered a concussion.
- Baseball – a fielder running to catch a pop-fly dislocated their arm when reaching over a fence.
- Softball – base runner slid into home base and collided with catcher resulting in a fractured arm.
- Gymnastics – gymnast sprained an ankle when landing on the mat after dismount.
- Basketball – One player’s elbow hit another’s mouth and fractured their jaw.
- Boxing –Skilled fighter knocked out another athlete leaving him with a concussion.
Sports Liability Insurance Claims
- Baseball – A player sued an association for loss of opportunity after he claims that he was promised a short stop position instead the coach put him on 2nd base.
- Gymnastics – An adult jumped into the foam pit while attending their niece’s birthday party. Allegations that instructor encouraged the adult to try a maneuver.
- Curling – Claimant slipped on the ice. Allegation the ice was especially slippery that day.
- Skiing – Visually impaired skier lost control and went out of instructors control and hit a 3rd party.
- Softball – Claimant allegedly sustained severe personal injuries due to slipping on a patch of dirt.
- Athletics – During a Relay the plaintiff tripped over the starting block that was left on the track.
- Gymnastics – Member over rotated and the coach who was the spotter wasn’t paying attention.
- Soccer – Goalie kicked player in the head while the player was trying to “head” the ball.
Directors & Officers Insurance Claims
- Suspended player – association suspended a player for refusal to participate in an association’s fundraising events.
- Replaced president – non-paying position yet indignation alongside damage to one’s reputation.
- Parent sued association in small claims actions – son wasn’t granted enough play time.
- Board revoked membership for abuse allegation
- Board suspended coach for sexual impropriety
- Coach suspended for making derogatory statements about other coaches
- Coach suspended for improper language around minor athletes.
- Suspended director for stealing money – director countersued stating it was the Board’s fault for allowing it to happen.
- Sponsorship program – individual claimed association acted in bad faith preventing him from being successful – he was to share in the sponsorship profits.
- Private soccer firm sued association for refusing to sanction players traveling abroad.
- Player wanted to play for another team – different jurisdiction.
- Association expelled athlete due to parent’s action – parent sued for player to be reinstated.
Get a Free Sport and Event Insurance quote to make sure you’re properly insured. Contact us @ 1-855-351-0202 or email us at [email protected]